It is necessary to observe the rules which are well-known to every hunter in order to avoid accidents while hunting. Main violations are made at gun handling and driving games.
There following actions are not allowed while handling with gun:
- Keep gunpowder together with capsules and cartridges, black powder with smokeless powder;
- Use hunting weapons with technical failures;
- Use cartridges if the length of their shells is 70 mm for guns with cartridge chamber of 65 mm, cartridges with shell primer pocket not pushed in with capsules;
- Charge cartridges without special tools designed for charging (powder weigher, tool for capsule push back, screw, etc.), as well as close to open fire;
- Smoke while using powder;
- Use powder if its rate of application is unknown, as well as use smokeless powder of weapons of war;
- Insert capsules in the shell socket with any hit (using hammer or other solid object);
- Use patching of inflammable or smoldering materials (paper, hards, etc.);
- Getting on and off vehicle with a loaded hunting weapons;
- Pull out mounted hunting weapons with barrels from a bout, wagon, sledge or other vehicle;
- Shoot after noise, rustle, at a target not distinctly seen, in fog, in heavy fall of snow, in the dusk, against the sun and in other conditions of low visibility, as well as a flying up under 2.5 meters bird;
- Shoot and keep weapons loaded in population centers, other aggregations and in the distance less than 300m from them, as well as in camps, in areas of meeting, in vehicles, in other places where hunting can be dangerous;
- Shot in the direction of people, population centers, other aggregations, farm animals, vehicles from smooth bore guns within 300 meters and closer as well as from rifled hunting weapons at a distance of less than 1.5 km from them;
- Direct irrespective of whether it is loaded or not hunting weapons to men, domestic animals or places of their living (keeping);
- If it is not required, take a shot, cock, keep hammerless weapons with open cartridge fuse;
- Shoot from a boat through oarsmen or other hunters when they are in a boat;
- Beat completely wounded hunted animal with a butt of a rifle.
The following actions are forbidden at driving games:
- Hunting in the dusk, in fog, in heavy fall of snow and conditions of low visibility;
- Go to the middle of a fire-break, a road or go to the opposite side of a cote;
- Exchange numbers by hunters, choose places and get of a number independently before a drive hunting is finished, except for the case when a hunter is to render prompt assistance to other person who is in an accident;
- Use self-loader with magazine capacity more than for 5 cartridges, as well as cartridges to rifled weapons with encased bullet and to smooth bore weapons with circular cartridge;
- Shoot in animals from smooth bore weapons at a distance of more than 50m, from rifled weapons-more than 150 meters, as well as along the shooting line, beyond their sector, after a signal of drive hunting finish («stop»).
We welcome for hunting and fishing in the Belarus!